Community Outreach and Engagement
A vital part of this project is connecting with community members and organizations interested in the Wall Street Corridor and get their input on design of the project. There has been great involvement from property and business owners, residents and community organizations.
Here are the results of community engagement so far:
- Wall Street Corridor Design Kick-off – June 14, 2022. Over 300 people came to the Wall Street Theater and learned about the goals for the project and the existing conditions in the project area. For over 3 hours participants shared their ideas about potential improvements with project staff from the City and its consultant team. This input was used in developing the concept design. You can access the following information from the event:
- Link to Youtube Video of June 14, 2022 Wall Street Charrette - Coming Soon
- Summary of Comments from June 14, 2022 Wall Street Charrette - https://norwalkct.gov/DocumentCenter/View/28545/Wall-Street-Improvements-Project-Design-Charrette-Presentation-2022-11-14?bidId=
- Wall Street Corridor Concept Design Presentation and Charrette 2 – November 14, 2022. Over 125 people came to the Norwalk Public Library on Belden Avenue and learned about the project design including details on roadway improvements, bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, spaces for public events and gatherings, trail connections, seating areas as well as lighting and street trees. You can access the following information from the event:
- Link to YouTube Video of November 14, 2022 Wall Street Charrette: https://youtu.be/Z5rx9d6mSDw
- Summary of Comments from June 14, 2022 Wall Street Charrette: https://norwalkct.gov/DocumentCenter/View/28545/Wall-Street-Improvements-Project-Design-Charrette-Presentation-2022-11-14?bidId=
Moving forward, there are several different ways to Participate and Share Your Ideas:
E-mail us your questions and ideas to www.wallstreetimprovements.com
Visit and “Like” the Project Facebook Page:
Join the final workshop in the Spring of 2023 to see the selected project design: [TIME AND LOCATION TBD]
We hope you will take time to connect with us and share your thoughts about the project.
Click here to send an e-mail with your questions or comments for the project team