COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Last Content Update:
The COVID-19 vaccine has been proven safe and effective at preventing hospitalizations and death due to SARS-CoV-2. Everyone ages 6 months and older is recommended to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
In September 2023, the US FDA authorized a new formulation of the COVID vaccine, and the CDC updated its vaccine recommendations. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html for updated information.
Since the end of the Public Health Emergency Declaration, COVID vaccines have moved into the traditional healthcare system, in the same model we use to get other vaccines, medications, and medical care. Contact your healthcare provider to see if they provide the COVID vaccine. To find a list of other vaccine providers in our area, including pharmacies, visit www.vaccines.gov/search.
For More Information
- Phone Assistance: If you have questions, call the Health Department's Vaccine Info line at (203) 854-7985 (Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4 pm).
- Get Your Vaccine Records: If you were vaccinated in Connecticut, the CT WiZ Public Portal allows you to access your immunization records. Visit the CT Wiz Public Portal here: https://portal.ct.gov/immunization/public-landing-page/ct-wiz?language=en_US
- General COVID information: https://www.covid.gov/.
- All About the COVID-19 Vaccines (CDC)
- Stay Up To Date with Your Vaccines (Boosters and More) (CDC)
- Infographic: How mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines Work (CDC) English | Spanish