Benefits & Selection Process
- Competitive salary ranging between $71,456 - $106,704 (effective 7/1/2021 top grade patrol including stipend,& benefits)
- Comprehensive medical benefits and life insurance
- Excellent pension program: 50% after 25 years (if age 52 or older) and up to 60% after 30 years
- Opportunity for advancement and specialized assignments
- College Tuition reimbursement plan
- Education stipends ($800/ year for Bachelors degree and $1,100/ year for Masters degree
Selection ProcessThe Board of Police Commissioners is the sole authority in regard to the appointment of candidates to the Norwalk Department of Police Services. Selection by the commissioners will be based on information obtained from the testing procedures and pursuant to the operational needs of the department, in conjunction with the hiring policies of the department.
Municipal Resident Hiring PolicyThe city wishes to promote the recruitment and hiring of city residents. To this end, positive consideration shall be given in the selection process to Norwalk residents.
The Norwalk Department of Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and female participation is encouraged.
- $75.00 C.H.I.P Physical Ability Assessment Fee (Payable at time of registration
- $95.00 CPCA Entry level exam fee
- Ongoing until all positions filled
- Register online as www.PoliceApp.com
- Must have a valid C.H.I.P card and a valid passing CPCA exam score in order to apply.
More information about the Norwalk Police Department's benefits and selection process can be obtained by contacting the Training & Recruitment Division at (203) 854-3003.